Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Buy Handmade

         Today, I just took the BUY HANDMADE Pledge. I'm now a bonafide supporter of non-mass produced items.  There are several reasons why I decided to prefer handcrafted products:

1. individuality --- I don't want to be the 100th person wearing the same thing.   Ever since I was young, I always wanted to have a style that's uniquely ME!
2. Quality without being OVERPRICED --- I'm so over the concept of quality = high price. 
3. Support artisans --- I love the idea that a person earns a living doing what they're good at. =)         
             

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Love handmade items too. You've got nice ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading my hit bottom blog -- I hope to have more positive blogs in the future, but as you must know, life never dishes out what you expect....I love the story of your mom kin d of whearinf surprises; my mom is like that. I like interesting jewelry rather than diamond stuff -- one of a kind which is handmade. I've seen this pledge before. How do you make it?

    ReplyDelete